Massachusetts man pleads guilty to threatening to bomb synagogue
Boston In a case that U.S. authorities said showed a growing nationwide torrent of antisemitism following the start of the Israel-Hamas war in Gaza last year, a man from Massachusetts entered a guilty plea on Monday to accusations that he threatened to kill Jews and bomb a synagogue.
At a federal court hearing in Boston, John Reardon entered a guilty plea to charges of threatening to kill children and bomb the Congregation Agudas Achim in a voicemail he left with the synagogue in Attleboro, Massachusetts, in January.
U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement that the defendant's threats to kill Jewish children and bomb synagogues incited fear among the congregation at a time when Jews are already dealing with an alarming rise in threats.
The increase in threats came after...